Monday, November 5, 2007

Madonna Kabbalah - moore celebrities that madonna influenced

Last year, Moore told Vogue that Kabbalah helps one reveal "the value of your worth." (She wasn't talking about $12.5 million movie deals.) And Roseanne Barr says Kabbalah is the force behind her own reinvention.

Nearly a decade ago, Barr was "addicted to showbiz and all that drama," she says. "I was working on a sitcom. I was a big control freak." When she got pregnant with her fifth child, she was told, "You have to give up the fight, all that stress."

Sandra Bernhard introduced her to the L.A. center, and soon Barr says she transformed chaos into serenity as a result of Kabbalah. Bernhard "got just about everyone" in Hollywood into it, says Barr, including, supposedly, Madonna.

"(Kabbalah) helped me to totally reconfigure my entire being, the way I thought, the way I did everything," says Barr, 51, who was raised Jewish in a family of rabbis.

Today she recites Kabbalistic meditations three to five times a day for five to 10 minutes at a time, often when she's sitting in traffic. "To think about something bigger than yourself is so cool, to get out of your own ego and stuff."

Barr is happy to see Kabbalah catch on in her community, where egos loom large. "I'm glad that people in Hollywood are looking for something besides showbiz to make the world a good and better place. It's good when it's a visible person who says it's changed their lives. People can see examples."

As for whether Kabbalah's trendiness diminishes its integrity, "I do worry about it a little bit. Is it going to be something that people are going to say next year is over?" Barr says. "In one way, I'd kind of be relieved when I see that, because people that are really into changing their lives and the way they think and making peace in the world will always continue. The people who are there for other reasons won't."

No comments: